PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 15 AT HOME!
Episode 15 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired last night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room, and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kids' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room, and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parents' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using this week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice), the kids have 60 seconds to whip up their own version of the recipe. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 15 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What animal would you say your parent most reminds you of?
- When you think of the word politics, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
- If your parent could take anyone besides your family on a trip, who would it be?
- If your parent could perform with any famous singer or band at the Super Bowl halftime show, who would it be?
- What is one activity you think your parent would never try?
- If your family had a celebrity over for dinner, what would your parent serve as the main dish?
Round 2 Questions:
- What’s one thing you do that could be considered odd or unusual?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what one food would you choose to live off of?
- If your kid could choose to clone a friend, who would they choose?
- If your kid could travel around the world using any mode of transportation, what would they choose?
- What one movie could your kid watch every day for the rest of their life?
- If your kid suddenly acquired the power to run at the speed of light, what would they do first?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: LEMON POPPYSEED MUFFINS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- 1½ tbsp grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon zest, and eggs until smooth. Gently fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in melted butter. Do not overmix.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate muffin tin halfway through baking.
Remove muffin tin to a wire rack.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 15, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 16. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!