PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 16 AT HOME!
Episode 16 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room, and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kids' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room, and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parents' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using this week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice), the kids have 60 seconds to whip up their own version of the recipe. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 16 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- Which celebrity does your parent remind you most of?
- If you could pick to communicate with any one animal, which animal would it be?
- What is one thing your parent does that worries you?
- Who could your parent spend hours on the phone talking to?
- Which breakfast food would get your parent right out of bed in the morning if you made it for him or her?
- If your parent could star in a famous musical, which role would he or she most like to play?
Round 2 Questions:
- If your kid were to invent something that could change the world, what would it be?
- If you could have any animal from a movie be your pet, which animal character would you choose?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
- What is the one food your kid is never willing to share?
- If your kid could travel back in time, which time period would he or she choose to go back to?
- If your kid had to choose only one cereal to eat for the rest of his or her life, which one would it be?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: RED VELVET COOKIES
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons red food coloring gel (or liquid)
- 1 cup dark or white chocolate chips
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Once mixed, add the food coloring (add 2 teaspoons at this point, and add more if needed after the dry ingredients are mixed). Add the dry ingredients and beat on medium-low speed until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. The batter will be sticky.
Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight. This will help the cookies stay thick and spread less while baking.
Preheat oven to 350F/180C degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Take cookies out of the fridge. If the cookie dough is hard to handle, leave it at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Drop rounded balls of dough, the size of 1.5–2 tablespoons, onto prepared baking sheet, spacing them 3 inches (8 cm) apart. Bake for 9–10 minutes, just until the edges start to set. Leave to cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 16, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 17. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!