PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 13 AT HOME!
Episode 13 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired last night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room, and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kids' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room, and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parents' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice), the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 13 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What’s your parent’s secret talent?
- What is something that you’re better at than your brother or sister?
- Which actor reminds you most of your parent?
- If your parent could choose to look like any celebrity, who would he or she choose?
- What is the number one thing that makes your parent lose his or her cool?
- If you had all the money in the world, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
Round 2 Questions:
- Where is your kid’s dream vacation destination?
- If your kid could solve any problem in the world, what would it be?
- What animal does your kid remind you most of?
- What is your kid’s most prized possession?
- If your kid could choose to be any superhero, who would he or she choose?
- What is your kid’s favorite thing to wear?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
- ½ cup butter, slightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini, lightly packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserve a few for the tops
In a microwave-safe bowl, soften the butter. Stir in the brown sugar and combine well.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and stir vigorously until the mixture is well combined and light caramel in color.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined, scraping the sides if necessary.
Stir in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips, reserving a few chocolate chips for the tops.
Using a 3-ounce scooper, put the batter into the paper lined muffin tin. Lightly tap the tin on the counter, and place a few chocolate chips on the tops.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a little firm, but still a bit soft in the middle.
Remove from oven when the middles are still little sticky, but not wet (you can insert a toothpick to test them). Be careful not to over bake them.
Allow the muffins to cool in the tin a few minutes, before removing them to a cooling rack.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 13, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 14. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!