PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 12 AT HOME!
Episode 12 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 12 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What is the one thing you wish you could tell your parent to do, and they would do it?
- What is your parent’s best, most mouthwatering homemade meal?
- What is something you’ve seen your parent get better at lately?
- What is your parent’s favorite thing to do?
- Out of all the people in your family, who would you say takes the longest to get ready?
- What is your parent’s favorite clothing item to wear?
Round 2 Questions:
- Out of all of your kid’s Halloween costumes, which was their favorite?
- If your kid could learn a new instrument, what instrument would they choose?
- If your kid could play any videogame for school credit, what would it be?
- What would your kid say is the messiest job in the world?
- What is your kid’s favorite snack?
- What’s your kid’s dream career?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth (Can be done by hand or with stand mixer).
Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 12, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 13. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!