PLAY EPISODE 19 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 19 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 19 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions: For the kids
- If you could be any sea animal, which would it be?
- What is one topping you would never put on your pizza?
- If you parent was a superhero, which superhero would they be?
- What is your favorite type of fish to catch when you go fishing?
- If you could invent anything, what would it be?
- Which of your family members loves to sleep the most?
Round 2 Questions: For the parents
- What's the best gift your kid has ever given you?
- What's something you have to say to your kid over and over and over?
- What's the easiest way to scare you?
- What is the one food you could never live without?
- If your kid could invite one Star Wars character to dinner, who would it be?
- What is your kids favorite animal?
Bake-off Recipe: Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350 degrees F
Grease 12 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners and set aside
In a large bowl beat the eggs for a few seconds
Gently stir in the grated carrots and oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine, about 10 stirs (be careful not to over mix)
Fill cupcake tins about ⅔ full.
Bake for no more than 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 19, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 20. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!