PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 8 AT HOME!
Episode 8 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 8 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What kind of music does your parent usually sing along to?
- What household chore does your parent do the most?
- If your parent had the chance to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show, what artist would they like to sing backup for?
- If your parent was to play a sport with their favorite celebrity, what sport would it be?
- What’s the one thing your parent is always misplacing?
- What kind of person do you think your parent was in high school—a bookworm, a prep, a rocker, or a jock?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is your kid’s favorite thing to watch on YouTube?
- Where is your kid’s favorite place to read?
- What is your kid’s greatest distraction?
- What is your kid’s favorite way to eat their eggs?
- What topping would your kid pick to put on their dessert?
- Which animated character would your kid like to have over for a playdate?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: GINGER COOKIES
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (can do by hand or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment).
Beat in egg and molasses.
Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls, then roll in sugar.
Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake until puffy and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool.