PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 14 AT HOME!
Episode 14 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired last night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room, and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kids' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room, and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parents' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice), the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 14 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- If you prepared chicken wings for your family dinner, what kind of sauce would you use?
- What is the last spontaneously funny thing your parent did?
- If your parent could hang out with anyone besides your family, who would it be?
- If your parent was a professional wrestler, what would his or her wrestling name be?
- If you had just won the NBA finals, how would you celebrate?
- If your parent could make the whole world listen to a song, what song would he or she choose?
Round 2 Questions:
- What creature would your kid definitely not want creeping around the house?
- What one color would your kid never dye his or her hair?
- If you could add one feature to your car, what would you choose?
- If your kid could live in a shop of some kind, what kind of shop would he or she choose?
- What is your kid’s secret snack food obsession?
- If your kid could replace his or her hands with any object, what would he or she choose?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: FRUIT CRISP
- 1¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white sugar
- For the topping
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon cold butter
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a small bowl toss together the blueberries with the cornstarch and the sugar until well-coated. Fill into two small ramekins and set aside on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet.
In another small bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter and use your hands to work it all together, working the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the berries and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the berries are bubbly and the topping is golden.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 14, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 15. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!