PLAY THE SEASON 2 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL AT HOME!
The Season 2 Christmas Special of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What was the best present your parent received as a child?
- If you could get your parent any Christmas present in the world, no matter the cost, what would it be?
- What is one item that you always leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve?
- If your parent was to design a new suit for Santa, what would they add to it?
- If you and your family could wake up on Christmas day inside a snow globe, what would the setting inside be?
- If you were shopping during a snow storm and ended up locked in the mall, what Christmas song would you not want to hear on repeat all night?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is your kid’s most favorite thing to eat during Christmas dinner?
- If your kid were an elf in Santa’s workshop and helped to make all the toys, what job would they excel at?
- What is your kid’s favorite Christmas book or story?
- If your kid could turn all the snow in the world into another substance for one day, what would they turn it into?
- When does the tree come down in your house?
- If your kid could borrow Santa’s sleigh and deliver presents to one celebrity, which celebrity would they choose?
SEASON 2 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate chunks
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, and mix well. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter with the mixer on low speed, mixing only until combined. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chunks. Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a 1 3/4-inch-diameter ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon.
Dampen your hands and flatten the dough slightly. Bake for exactly 15 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
IF YOU MISSED THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 9. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (Christmas Special) at home where you can challenge your own family members!