PLAY EPISODE 3 AT HOME!
Episode 3 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 3 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- What vegetable best suits your personality?
- If you had $1,000.00 and wanted to buy your parent a gift, what would you get them?
- What's the most challenging piece you've had to learn on an instrument that you know how to play?
- What's the one thing you would never go to space without?
- What is the one chore that your parent makes you do that you do not like to do?
- Which card would you be in a deck of cards?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is the one thing you do that annoys your kid the most?
- What is the most impressive thing your kid has ever done?
- What is the one thing that your kid never listens to you about?
- If you made a tv show about your family, what would it be called?
- What would your kid say is the first toy that they remember?
- What is your kid's go-to song?
Bake-off Recipe: Apple Crumble
- 6 McIntosh apples, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour or fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 12 baking dish, combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix flour or graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter together using the tines of a fork and your fingers, working until even, small crumbles form.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and bake 15 to 20 minutes until apples are just tender and topping is golden brown.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 3, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 4. Meanwhile, play episodes 1 and 2 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!