PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 18 AT HOME!
Episode 18 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room, and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kids' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room, and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parents' answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using this week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice), the kids have 60 seconds to whip up their own version of the recipe. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 18 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- If your parent could own any animal in the world as a pet, which animal would he or she choose?
- What is your dream car?
- If your parent could take your family on vacation anywhere in the world, what country would he or she choose to go to?
- What is one way your parent constantly makes you laugh?
- If you could do any activity in the world with your parent, what would you choose to do?
- Besides a cellphone, what is something your parent can’t go without for even one day?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is something your kid wishes you were late for?
- What’s one house rule your kid always seems to be bending?
- What celebrity would your kid say you are most like?
- What’s one part of your daily routine that you would never miss?
- If your kid could be the ultimate champion in any video game, which would it be?
- What’s a household chore your kid always tries to avoid doing?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- 2 cups, spoon and level all-purpose flour
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 1/2 ounces chocolate chips and/or chopped chocolate, divided
- sparkling sugar for tops
Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray, wiping off any excess on the top of the tin.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a handheld electric mixer), begin beating the eggs on medium-high speed. Slowly stream in the sugar while beating. Continue to beat until the mixture is pale and thickened and ribbons down from the beater when lifted before settling back down. Wipe down the bowl and beater as needed.
Beat in the oil until fully incorporated. Wipe down bowl and beater and beat in sour cream and vanilla until evenly incorporated.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold in just until only a few visible streaks remain. Add 8 1/2 ounces of the chocolate and fold in just until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups, smoothing the tops if needed but keeping the scoops mounded. Top each with some of the remaining chocolate, and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Bake muffins in preheated oven for 10 minutes, and then reduce heat to 350ºF and bake another 5–10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out free of wet batter. Cool muffins in pan for about 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator to keep for more than a few days.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 18, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 19. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 at home, where you can challenge your own family members!