PLAY EPISODE 14 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 14 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 14 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- What is your parent always telling you to pick up?
- What is the last thing you did that you got in trouble for?
- If you could invent anything in the world, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- What is your favorite type of dance?
- What's a phrase that your parent loves to say all the time?
Round 2 Questions:
- If your child could pick any character to be, who would it be?
- If you had 1 million dollars, what would be your first purchase?
- If you were the president of the United States, what is the first thing you would do?
- If you could take a vacation to any planet, which planet would it be?
- If your child could pick the color of your next car, what color would it be?
- If you were in the circus, what would be your act?
Bake-off Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins
- Large eggs
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups pure pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare 18 muffin cups by greasing (both cup and top of tin) or lining with paper liners and lightly greasing top of tin. (These are fairly moist so paper liners are not really necessary unless you prefer.) Set prepared pans aside.
Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl. Add sugar, oil, and pumpkin and beat thoroughly. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
Divide the batter between 18 muffin cups. You'll be filling them almost to the top of the liners, with just a bit of the liner showing.
Bake at 375° F. for 22 – 25 minutes, testing with a cake tester to be sure they are cooked before removing from oven (If undercooked, they will collapse as they cool, so be sure to test. They will look done even when they’re not actually). Muffins should be very lightly browned on top and around edges when cooked. My oven is usually 25 minutes.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 14, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 15. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!