PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 5 AT HOME!
Episode 5 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 5 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- Name one food that you love that your parent can’t stand.
- What is the one thing that you cook that your parent would consider art?
- What’s a mess of yours that your parent is totally fine with?
- If your parent had to get around town using something other than a car, would they use a horse, a skateboard, a pogo stick, or a Segway?
- What one thing always turns your parent into the “boss” parent?
- What is the one thing that your parent made you for lunch that was the biggest let-down?
Round 2 Questions:
- What animal would you say looks most like your kid?
- What room in your house is a mess-free zone?
- If there was a comedy show based on your kid’s future career, in what type of workplace would it be set?
- What is the one thing you do that always makes your kid laugh?
- If your kid was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars, who would be their celebrity dance partner?
- If your kid could sell off one thing in your house, what would it be?
Bake-off Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, stir together the oil and the sugar. Stir in the eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently stir in the apples.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan, dividing the batter equally between the cups.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork or a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb over the batter in the muffin pan.
Bake the muffins until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let the muffins sit in the pan before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store any leftover muffins in an airtight container.