PLAY EPISODE 9 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 9 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 9 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- What is your favorite part of school?
- What is a song you'd love to learn on the piano?
- If you could have any animal, what would it be?
- If you could only put one condiment on a hot dog, what would it be?
- Who in your family would scream the most on a big roller coaster?
- What is your favorite food?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is your kid's most prized possession?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If the electricity in the house went out, what activity would your family do to pass the time before the lights came back on?
- If your kid suddenly got $500, what would they buy?
- What is your kid's favorite book?
- What is the most popular topic at the dinner table?
Bake-off Recipe: Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powde
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 12 muffin tins or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
In a large bowl beat the eggs for a few seconds.
Gently stir in the grated carrots and oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine, about 10 stirs ( be careful not to over mix!).
Fill cupcake tins about ⅔ full.
Bake for no more than 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 9, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 10. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!