PLAY EPISODE 13 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 13 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 13 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- If you lose a game, how do you react?
- What's the rudest thing someone could do to your parent?
- What's your favorite thing to eat at a Chinese restaurant?
- What's your favorite snack?
- If you could watch any movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What's something your parent always says
Round 2 Questions:
- What would your child say is their favorite season?
- What animal scares you the most?
- How would you describe your child in one word?
- Where is your kid's go-to hiding spot?
- What would your kid say you are terrible at?
- What is the strangest costume your kid has ever worn?
Bake-off Recipe: Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cups oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3-1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 8 muffin cups with liners. Add 1 to 2 tbs. of water to each empty muffin cup to help the muffins bake evenly.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cups of sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a 1 cup glass measuring jug, add the oil and the egg. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cups of milk, however much it takes to reach the 1 cup mark in the jug. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the milk mix to the flour and sugar and use a fork to combine.
The batter should be thick so don't over-mix. Add the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter. Divide the batter between the 8 muffin tins and sprinkle a little sugar on top of each. Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 13, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 14. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!