PLAY EPISODE 6 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 6 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 6 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- What is your dream job?
- What is one thing that scares you the most?
- Who is your parent's favorite singer?
- What is your favorite toy?
- What's the most important thing your parent would want at their birthday party?
- If you had a fish, what would you name it?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is your kid's favorite Italian food?
- What band from the 80's does your kid know?
- What is your kid's favorite snack food?
- Where is the strangest place you've ever fallen asleep?
- What subject would you be most likely to get an "F" in?
- What is one thing you always want your kid to organize?
Bake-off Recipe: Jam Thumbprints
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry, cherry or strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.
Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls with a cookie or ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball, about 1/2-inch deep. Fill each indentation with about 3/4 teaspoon jam.
Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. (For even color, rotate the pans from top to bottom about halfway through baking.) Cool cookies on the baking sheets. Serve.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 6, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 7. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!