PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 AT HOME!
The Season 2 premiere of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 1 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- If your parent were to go bungee jumping tomorrow morning, what one item would they avoid eating for breakfast?
- If you had a backyard pool and could fill it with anything other than water, what would you fill it with?
- If you could play a sport with any celebrity, who would it be?
- If your parent were to star in an action movie, who would be their dream costar?
- If your parent could trade their car to ride on a skateboard, hoverboard, or on the back of a giant turkey, which would they choose?
- If your parent had access to Tony Stark’s lab, what is the first thing they would invent?
Round 2 Questions:
- If your kid could be awarded a black belt in sandwich-making, what sandwich would they get a blackbelt in?
- What is the one thing your kid would say you often forget to do when you’re busy?
- If you had a set of your very own minions, what problem would you have them solve immediately?
- Name one of your kid’s secret talents.
- What is something your kid never takes seriously enough?
- What’s your kid’s favorite thing to cook?
Bake-off Recipe: Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Heat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Beat butter, peanut butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten each in a criss-cross pattern with tines of a fork.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 1, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from Episode 2. Meanwhile, play Season 2 Episode 1 at home where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!