PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 2 AT HOME!
Episode 2 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 2 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- If your parent could sing the national anthem at any one sporting event, which would it be?
- If your parent could choose anyone to be their life coach, who would it be and how would they tell your parent to improve their life?
- If your parent had to live the life of a famous singer for a day, what singer would they choose?
- What is one thing your parent does that they really wish they didn’t?
- What is one thing in your house that your parent would never sell?
- Which of your parent’s homemade creations are they most proud of?
Round 2 Questions:
- What would your kid’s dream sandwich have on it?
- If your child could get bit by any insect besides a spider to gain superpowers related to that insect, what would it be?
- What is one movie your kid would say always makes them cry?
- If your child could create their own pair of shoes, what would they look like?
- If your kid joined the circus, what act would they want to perform for the crowds?
- If your kid had to give up one piece of technology, which would it be?
Bake-off Recipe: Shepherd’s Pie
- 2lb russet or sweet potatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Peel and chop potatoes. Add to a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook over medium-high heat for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain. Mash as desired, adding cream, butter, salt and pepper to taste. Potatoes should be smooth and spreadable consistency.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef with onions, celery, carrots, garlic and seasonings. Drain fat as needed. When beef is nearly cooked through, add tomato paste, stirring well.
In a large bowl, combine beef mixture with peas, corn and shredded cheese. Divide among four 10oz ramekins. Top off with mashed potatoes.
Bake for 30 minutes. If desired, lightly char mashed potatoes using a handheld kitchen torch.