PLAY EPISODE 12 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 12 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 12 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- What's one rule at home that you wish you could change?
- If you and your favorite singer had dinner together, what would be the first thing you'd talk about?
- Who is your favorite teacher?
- Who in your family reminds you of a lion?
- Who's your favorite movie character?
- What does your parent complain about the most?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is a word that your kid says all the time?
- What is a food that you eat when you are stressed?
- What is the one snack food that your kid will always eat?
- If you had to get a party started, what song would you play first?
- If an icecream truck stopped on your kids street, what would your kid order?
- How many times can your kid consecutively hop on one foot?
Bake-off Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract · One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
Position 2 racks in the center of the oven, and preheat to 375 degrees F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to medium, add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet. Roll the dough into balls with slightly wet hands.
Bake, rotating the cookie sheets from upper to lower racks halfway through, until golden but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes (the longer the cook time, the crunchier the cookies). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Let the baking sheets cool completely, scoop the remaining dough onto 1 sheet and bake. Store the cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 12, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 13. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!