JUST LIKE MOM AND DAD: A FAMILY GAME SHOW THAT CAN BE PLAYED AT HOME!
The new family game show Just Like Mom and Dad has officially started and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled game at home! Grab your parents, grab your kids, and get ready for a night of questions and questionable baking!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
Round 1 Questions:
- Where is one place you would not want to be trapped?
- What is the one article of clothing that you have that you would never throw on the ground?
- What is your parents favorite kind of pasta?
- What color are your parent's favorite shoes?
- If your parent could play the guitar, what kind of music would he play?
Round 2 Questions:
- What one skill do you have that never fails to impress your family?
- What is your kid's favorite flavor of bubblegum?
- What is one thing that really scares your kid?
- If you were at karaoke right now and you had to sing one song, what would it be?
- What is your favorite Chinese food dish to eat?
- If you could be any famous singer, which one would you be?
Bake-off Recipe: Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 1, WATCH IT BELOW!
Round 1 Questions:
- If your parent had to entertain a large crowd, what would they do?
- If you were to put the sorting hat on your parent, what Hogwarts house would it pick for them?
- What is one thing you can do that your parent wishes they could do too?
- How many times will it take your parent to spell "rhinoceros" correctly?
- If your parent could invent something, what would you want him to invent first?
- Which class at school is your least favorite?
Round 2 Questions:
- If your kid could pick anyone in the world to sing a duet with, who would it be?
- What is one thing you do with your kid that you don't do with anyone else?
- What scares your kid the most?
- What is your kid's very favorite food?
- If your kid could eat anywhere in the world, where would they eat?
- If you were going on a trip with just you and your kid, where would you go?
Bake-off Recipe: Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cups oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3-1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 8 muffin cups with liners. Add 1 to 2 tbs. of water to each empty muffin cup to help the muffins bake evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cups of sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a 1 cup glass measuring jug, add the oil and the egg. Add 1/3 to 1/2 cups of milk, however much it takes to reach the 1 cup mark in the jug. Add the vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the milk mix to the flour and sugar and use a fork to combine.
- The batter should be thick so don't over-mix. Add the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter. Divide the batter between the 8 muffin tins and sprinkle a little sugar on top of each. Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to let cool completely.