Ruby and the Well follows the adventures of 14-year-old Ruby O'Reilly who discovers a magic wishing well that reveals the secret desires of struggling neighbors. Ruby — along with her father and two best friends — grants wishes by solving mysteries along the way.
The following discussion guide for parents and teachers keeps the conversation going with Ruby and the Well watchers long after family movie night or classroom learning.
Ruby & The Well focuses on a group of teenage friends — along with helpful parents — that unlock mysteries to help improve the lives of their community members.
- How would you describe Ruby’s relationship with her father?
- How would you describe Ruby’s buddies, Sam Price and Mina Amani?
- What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- Do they remind you of anyone in your circle of friends? Who?
Many children are very much inspired by the people in their communities, neighborhoods and cities.
- How does Ruby’s community compare to your own neighborhood of shopkeepers, doctors, first responders, parks and schools?
- How would you describe the town of Emerald? How is your town different or similar?
ACTIONS & VALUES
Ruby uses tenacious problem-solving and grit to solve the mysteries that the well presents to her, then grants others’ wishes come true.
- What are your favorite qualities about Ruby?
- What’s your favorite Ruby adventure? How can you apply to your own life?
- What are three ways you can make your community a better place?
- What does Ruby do when she is challenged? What do you do when life gets hard?