PLAY EPISODE 11 AT HOME!
Here is everything you need to play Episode 11 of Just Like Mom and Dad at home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 (or more) parent(s)
- 1 (or more) kid(s)
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
EPISODE 11 QUESTIONS AND BAKE-OFF RECIPE:
Round 1 Questions:
- If you found a genie in a magic lamp and he could grant you one wish, what would that one wish be?
- What is one thing your parent is always telling you to "hurry up and finish!"
- If you could have pizza for breakfast what 2 toppings would you choose?
- What food does your parent most resemble?
- Who rules your household?
- Who in your family hates waking up the most?
Round 2 Questions:
- What is the one bad habit you wish you could get rid of?
- What's the funniest thing you've ever done in front of your kid?
- What is one food item that your kid will never eat?
- If you were going on a vacation, where would you want to go?
- What is one thing your kid will say irritates you the most?
- If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Bake-off Recipe: Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry, cherry or strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.
Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls with a cookie or ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball, about 1/2-inch deep. Fill each indentation with about 3/4 teaspoon jam.
Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. (For even color, rotate the pans from top to bottom about halfway through baking.) Cool cookies on the baking sheets. Serve.
IF YOU MISSED EPISODE 11, WATCH IT BELOW!
Next week, we'll have the questions and the recipe from episode 12. Meanwhile, play episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 at home, and check out the Just Like Mom and Dad mobile app where you can challenge your family members wherever you go!