PLAY SEASON 2 EPISODE 9 AT HOME!
Episode 9 of Just Like Mom and Dad aired Monday night, and we're excited to give you everything you need to play this fun-filled family game in the comfort of your own home!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY:
- 1 host
- 1 or more parents
- 1 or more kids
- These downloadable host cards
HOW TO PLAY:
Round 1: The parents will leave the room and the host will ask each kid some questions. After the questions are asked, the parents will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their kid's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 5 points
Round 2: The kids will leave the room and the host will ask each parent some questions. After the questions are asked, the kids will come back into the room and try to match their answers with their parent's answers to the same questions. Each correct answer is worth 10 points.
BONUS ROUND: THE BAKE-OFF AND TASTE TEST
Using that week's recipe (plus a few added ingredients of your choice) the kids have 60 seconds to mix a recipe together. After their creation is done baking, the parent who can match the treat with the correct baker gets 50 points.
The team with the most points at the end wins!
SEASON 2 EPISODE 9 QUESTIONS:
Round 1 Questions:
- What is one piece of bad advice your parent has given you?
- What is the one thing that you would never eat for breakfast?
- What kind of music do you think is the worst kind of music?
- If your parent were allowed to write a word or saying to be posted on their favorite landmark or monument, what would the saying be?
- If every household activities was an Olympic sport, which event would you win the gold medal in?
- What is the one thing you would say your parent is totally terrified of?
Round 2 Questions:
- If your kid could play his or herself on any TV series, which show would they choose?
- If your kid had to live one day as a bug, what kind of bug would they choose to be that day?
- What is one food item your kid could not live without?
- If your kid could share a snack with their favorite celebrity, what snack would they choose?
- What kind of driver do you think your kid will be?
- If your kid could restyle your hair any way they wanted, what would they do to it?
BAKE-OFF RECIPE: CHOCOLATE "CHIRP" COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Fine salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dry roasted crickets
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
Beat the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer) until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate.
Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed.
Reduce the speed to medium, add the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and crickets.
Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto each prepared baking sheet.
Roll the dough into balls with slightly wet hands. Bake, until golden but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes (the longer the cook time, the crunchier the cookies). Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Store the cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 5 days.